Solaris Fault Analysis Workshop
Length: 5 days
Prerequisite: (See recommendation statement)
To succeed fully in this course, students should be able to demonstrate six months of field system administration or system maintenance experience in Sun environments.
The Sun Systems Fault Analysis Workshop teaches students fault analysis skills needed to support the Sun computing environment. This course provides classroom instruction and provides hands-on experience in the workshops.
Upon completion of this course the student will be able to:
· Describe the fault analysis and diagnosis methodology
· Describe the OpenBoot PROM (OBP) components, features, and diagnostics
· Enable and monitor POST diagnostics
· Describe OBP device tree and boot sequence
· Perform Solaris OE diagnostics
· Diagnose faults using online tools
· Describe types of major system failures
· Analyze core dumps the mdb utility