Solaris 9 System Administration Fast Track Training Course
Length: 5 Days (12 hrs per day)
Prerequisite: Solaris Fundamentals Course
Have a minimum of six months UNIX system administration experience, completed a UNIX Fundamentals course, and a strong desire to learn Solaris OS administration in an accelerated, intense environment.
This course is also recommended for system administrators migrating from HP’s HP-UX or IBM’s AIX.
This course teaches intermediate and advanced topics in Solaris system administration by combining both the Solaris 9 Intermediate and Advanced System Administration courses. The operating system will be Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9)- Sun's implementation of SystemV release4. The course is taught on a Sun Ultra system.
This course meets all of the objectives for the Certified Solaris 9 System Administrator Examination – Part 2 (310-015).
Note: This course is also available for Solaris 8, 7, and Solaris 2.6
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Manage file systems
- Install software
- Perform system boot procedures
- Perform user and security administration
- Manage network printers and system processes
- Perform system backups and restores
- Manage, list, and format local disk devices
- Mount and unmount different types of file systems
- Perform package and patch administration
- Use boot programmable read-only memory (PROM) commands and change nonvolatile random access memory (NVRAM) parameters
- Describe network basics
- Describe remote administration with the Solaris Management Console software
- Manage virtual file systems and core dumps
- Manage storage volumes
- Control access and configure system messaging
- Configure role-based access control (RBAC)
- Set up name services
- Perform advanced installation procedures
- Configure the custom JumpStart procedure
- Perform a Flash installation