Solaris 9 Intermediate System Administration
Length: 4 Days
Prerequisite: Solaris Fundamentals Course
It is assumed that the student has an understanding of UNIX. You must be familiar with basic UNIX commands, and the VI editor. The Solaris fundamentals course is recommended.
This course teaches basic topics in Solaris system administration. The operating system will be Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9)- Sun's implementation of SystemV release4. The course is taught on a Sun Ultra System. The objective is to prepare the student for Administrering a Solaris 9 system.
This course meets all of the objectives for the Certified Solaris 9 System Administrator Examination – Part 1 (310-014).
Note: This course is also available for Solaris 8, 7, and Solaris 2.6
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Manage file systems
- Install software
- Perform system boot procedures
- Perform user and security administration
- Manage network printers and system processes
- Perform system backups and restores
- Manage, list, and format local disk devices
- Mount and unmount different types of file systems
- Perform package and patch administration
- Use boot programmable read-only memory (PROM) commands and change nonvolatile random access memory (NVRAM) parameters