Solaris 10 New Features for Experienced System Administrators
Length: 4 Days
Prerequisite: Solaris 9 Advanced System Administration
It is assumed that the student has experience managing the Solaris 9 OE with an advanced level of experience. The student should have attended an intermediate and advanced Solaris 9 course.
This course teaches intermediate and advanced topics in Solaris 10 system administration. The operating system will be Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10)- Sun's implementation of SystemV release 4. After completion of this course, the student will be prepared for the Certified Solaris 10 System Administrator Upgrade Examination – (CX-310-203).
This course meets all of the objectives for the Certified Solaris 10 System Administrator Upgrade Examination (CX_310-203).
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the new features of Solaris Zones
- Identify changes to authentication features
- Identify changes to file system features
- Identify the new features of fault and service management
- Describe DTrace fundamentals
- Describe Network File System (NFS) Version 4
- Identify changes to the various methods of installation
- Authentication Changes
- File System Features
- Fault and Service Management
- DTrace Fundamentals
- NFS Changes
- Solaris 10 OS Installation